Objectives & Strategies
- To act as banker to Malaŵi Government, commercial banks and identified stakeholders;
- To provide an efficient clearing and settlement system;
- To improve the monitoring and reporting of the financial performance of the Malaŵi Government;
- To procure and distribute Malaŵi currency in a cost effective manner;
- To safeguard the integrity and security of Malaŵi currency;
- To provide safe custody for valuable assets of the Reserve Bank of Malaŵi and Malaŵi Government.
- Strengthening and maintaining the safety and efficiency of the banking system;
- Promoting sound currency management;
- Development of currency systems, procedures & controls to mitigate currency related risks;
- Safeguard the integrity of the Malawi currency;
- Improvement in the efficiency in the procurement, processing and distribution of currency;
- Improvement in the efficiency in the procurement, processing and distribution of currency.