The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- July 2017 Monthly Economic Review Sep 21, 2017
- August 2017 NPS Monthly Report Sep 20, 2017
- Press release on Employers' obligations under the Pensions Act Sep 20, 2017
- Financial and Economic Review for Second Quarter 2017 Aug 31, 2017
- July 2017 NPS Monthly Report Aug 28, 2017
- Engagement of a Contractor for the construction of Wellness Centre and Indoor Games Facility Aug 24, 2017
- Tender for the Supply, Installation and Implementation of an Integrated Oracle-Securities Management Module Aug 24, 2017