The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Invitation to Bid - Development and Implementation of Cross-Border Foreign Exchange Reporting System (International Competitive Bidding) Jun 22, 2017
- May 2017 NPS Monthly Report Jun 20, 2017
- Monetary Policy Statement - June 2017 Jun 19, 2017
- REPORT AND ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST DECEMBER 2016 Jun 06, 2017
- Invitation To Bid (ITB) - Supply and Delivery of Indoor Range Professional Simulator Jun 06, 2017
- Exchange Rates - Monthly Average Jun 02, 2017
- Financial and Economic Review for Fourth Quarter 2016 May 29, 2017