The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- Jul 2021 Monthly Economic Review Sep 17, 2021
- Weekly Financial Market Developments 06 - 10 September 2021 Sep 16, 2021
- Results of 2-Year Treasury Note Auction held on 14 September 2021 Sep 14, 2021
- June 2021 Financial Stability Report Sep 10, 2021
- Weekly Financial Market Developments: 30 August - 03 September 2021 Sep 09, 2021
- Exchange Rates - August 2021 Sep 08, 2021
- INVITATION TO BID (ITB) - PROVISION OF CATERING SERVICES AT RBM HEAD OFFICE Sep 03, 2021