The RBM promote the development of a vibrant fincancial markets in Malawi through contracting the Governments's domestic debt for budgetary requirements through issuance and redemption of Treasury Securities, implementation of monetary policy through Open Market Operations (OMO), accumulate and management of official foreign reserves.
Domestic debt management involves, among other functions, issuance and redemption of Government securities comprising of Treasury Bills and Treasury Notes and Bonds which represent investment opportunities for existing and potential investors.
Treasury Notes and Bonds are tradable at the Malawi Stock Exchange. These securiies are issued to the market through an auction process and investors can invest in government securities through auction bidding following prescribed guidelines provided in this website.
All investors in Treasury Bills MUST first open a CSD account at RBM or they can bid through authorized agents that comprise local Commercial Bank, Stock Brokers, Fund Managers etc..
- January 2021 Monthly Economic Review May 13, 2021
- Monetary Policy Public Report-April 2021 May 07, 2021
- March 2021 Market Intelligence Report May 05, 2021
- Exchange Rates - April 2021 May 04, 2021
- Statement of the 2nd Monetary Policy Committee for 2021 Apr 29, 2021
- Advert - SALARY AND BENEFITS STRUCTURE REVIEW AND DEVELOPMENT OF DUAL CAREER LADDER FRAMEWORK Apr 29, 2021
- Advert-SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF A NETWORK INTRUSION DETECTION AND INTRUSION PREVENTION SOLUTION Apr 29, 2021